Friday, June 15, 2012

Avengers (2010) #27

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils: Walt Simonson
Inks: Scott Hanna
Colors: Jason Keith
Letterer: VC's Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $3.99
Release Date: June 13th, 2012

I have to admit, I had given up on The Avengers. The characters had felt two dimensional since I started reading again (granted that was issue #25) and I just didn't care. It also doesn't help that the same story is being told in Secret Avengers yet there are differenct characters missing in each book...It makes it a bit hard to follow. It also makes it hard to WANT to read because of its release date.

For those of us that are reading AvX we are already aware of what happens AFTER the events in this comic. True, it is always enjoyable to see what actually happens but it truly hurts the suspense of the writing. The events of this book take place between AvX #4 and AvX #5. We already see that The Avengers fail to hold the Phoenix Force at bay and that this mission in space is a failure.

All that grief aside I have to say I did enjoy the book. The added pieces with Protector keep my attention and I am finally started to feel connected to some of The Avengers. Not all...some. I will definitely continue to read this book until the AvX event is over but the next few issues better pick up or it will definitely be sayonara after September.

So Avengers (2010) #27 gets a 7/10. Not great but definitely not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment