Saturday, June 23, 2012

The New Avengers #27

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Mike Deodato
Color Art: Rain Beredo
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $3.99
Release Date: June 20th, 2012

The last part to the Iron Fist/Phoenix Force back story. I had told Darren and Jonny that the only Avengers book I was enjoying so far was this one. Although I have started to enjoy the others, this one still takes the cake. I really enjoy the way the back story is being presented and how it seems Iron Fist is one of the only people who can completely control the Phoenix Force.

I suppose I should be a little more clear. Not Iron Fist as we know him as an Avenger, but the conceptual Iron Fist. According to The New Avengers, "Years and Years Ago" a young, red-haired girl became the Iron Fist and was meant to become one with the Phoenix Force. This three comic tale (New Avengers #25-27) tells this story and what happens to her. I always think it is interesting to see how other people handle the power that is the Phoenix Force.

This story is being told to what is supposed to be the current vessel, Hope. After it is all over, she learns that there is someone who should be training her to make sure she is prepared for the Phoenix Force if the Phoenix Five ever lose control of that power. The person who is to train her is a spider...the thought made me smile.

I give The New Avengers #27 a strong 9/10. Man am I glad this weeks pulls didn't suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment