Friday, June 15, 2012

X-Men Legacy #268

Writer: Christos N. Gage
Pencils: David Baldeon
Inks: Jordi Tarragona
Colors: Brian Reber
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $2.99
Release Date: June 13th, 2012

It is no secret that I have always been a X-Men fan. The group of mutants fighting for equal rights in a world that just doesn't quite accept them. From what I gather so far in X-Men Legacy, a lot of my favorite X-Men are part of this comic. It is very Rogue-centric but this isn't a bad thing, especially when she is depicted as she was in issue #267.

Regardless, this isn't issue #267, it is #268 and it is dealing specifically with a newer mutant that I am not familiar with, Frenzy. My understanding is that Frenzy has not been really explained too heavily and this issue showed a little of her past. I always think origin stories are so interesting because they help you relate to the hero. Even though this isn't a direct origin story, it is in relation to the fallout of the Phoenix Force being split between five mutants and the new world order caused by this, but it tells enough. It shows her latent abilities awaken and how she reacts to it.

I stand by X-Men Legacy and it was my favorite comic this week. I am excited for the next issue.

I give X-Men Legacy #268 - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment