Saturday, November 2, 2013

Scarlet Spider #23

Writers: Christopher Yost and Erik Burnham
Penciler: David Baldeon
Inker: David Baldeon
Colorist: Chris Sotomayor
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $2.99
Release Date: October 30th, 2013

"Into the Grave: Part 3"

This story arc has been quite enjoyable for me and I love the constant references back to older Amazing Spider-Man books. The whole deal with Kaine and Kraven being connected due to Kaine's blood bring Kraven back to life is interesting. I also enjoyed the struggle inside Kaine with him trying to stay a hero when he has always been known as a monster in the past. The emotional choices that he has to make truly makes Kaine feel like a real person and someone that has grown.

I have to admit, I am loving this book and am sad that it is coming to a close in December. Kaine has grown on me as a hero and as an alternate Spider-Man. I am getting the feeling that Yost is trying to find a way to create true closure to the series in Texas before Kaine's solo book flickers out. With Kraven painting a picture of Kaine to his friends and with the cliffhanger at the end of this issue, it is hard to picture Kaine staying in Texas for too much longer.

This series has not been perfect, but it has definitely been a fun read. I am looking forward to the final two issues and I really do hope to see more of Kaine in the future. I know they have teased that Scarlet Spider will be in the New Warriors book, but I am not certain that it will be Kaine under the mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment