Saturday, November 2, 2013

Weekly pulls for 10/30/13

It is so incredibly hard to believe that October is already coming to a close. With the ending of this month I will be able to finally close the chapter of the Battle of the Atom crossover with one of today's issues. With that, I am seeing a bit of overlapping with one of my titles with the other Marvel event, Infinity, that is also running right now. That thought brings me back to an earlier argument; why all of the freggin events?

I only recently have returned to comics (in the past year or two) and I have been knee-deep in crossover events since the get-go. I started with the somewhat mediocre AvX, quickly moved to AoU and then had to choose between Infinity OR Battle of the Atom if I wanted to save any money. Hell, the only reason I really purchased the Battle of the Atom books was because I already had the key titles (other than the two bookends) on my normal pulls.

This brings forth the question of the necessity of events. I will not argue that the concept can be a blast if it is done at a proper rate but I feel like we are being overwhelmed as readers. I miss being able to grab a title and not have to worry too much about the rest of the universe. I think one of the main reasons I am able to enjoy Superior Spider-Man so much, other than being a fanboy, is because it is sort of its own thing. I wish that Marvel would listen to its readers and realize that we want individual stories for a while and not events.

Rant over, onto my books for the week:

Guardians of the Galaxy #8
Scarlet Spider #23
The Superior Spider-Man #20
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special #1
X-Men Battle of the Atom #2

I realize also that I forgot to mention that I dropped Uncanny X-Force. I was tired of giving money to Hopeless when his writing style felt hopeless. Anyhow, reviews will follow soon after! Until then, happy reading comic book fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment