Friday, August 23, 2013

Cable and X-Force #13

Plot: Dennis Hopeless
Script: Cullen Bunn
Art: Salvador Larroca & Gerardo Sandoval
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 21st, 2013

I was sort of shocked to realize that I have already read 12 previous issues to this series. I also am quick to admit that it hasn't been the easiest ride considering my initial excitement for a book with Cable on the front lines and Hope as a promised main. I really don't know what I was expecting and can still say I am never sure what each book will contain. I will say that we are starting to get some questions answered.

This issue showed Hope picking up in the future talking to...well her future self and finding out why exactly Cable has been having his "premonitions". She is, understandably, confused and not really happy with...herself? At least we know the who is doing and why they are doing stuff to Cable.

The other sections of the book dealt with where all of the other members of the team are and what their game plan seems to be. They are trying to figure out the best way to free Cable from his imprisonment from the Uncanny Avengers and by the end of the book they seem prepared to do so.

This issue gave me a little hope for the coming books. These little glimmers of hope have appeared before and have been a little let down in the past. I am not sure how much longer I can ride this roller coaster of mediocrity, but I suppose I can give it another month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment