Thursday, August 15, 2013

Scarlet Spider #20

Writer: Chris Yost & Erik Burnham
Art: K-Studio's In-Hyuk Lee
Dream Sequence Art: Olliffe, Bit & Loughridge
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $2.99
Release Date: August 14th, 2013

"Sibling Rivalry Part 2"

It is hard to admit this but I was super happy to see that this book tied into Superior Spider-Man Team Up this month. Considering I have been reading a ton of Spider-Man books (retro-read of doom), I should really be concerned when I start seeing storylines being split between multiple books but I have always felt that the Spidey team up book existed to do exactly that.

I think the best part of this little story is seeing Kaine interact with the new "Peter Parker". It was also incredibly fitting to see Jackal playing a massive role to the two of them interacting. I am always a tad nervous when there is a clone based story of any sort and especially when one key clone continues to show (a lady...not saying who) there is potential for bad storytelling. 

With a few flashy fight scenes, some gorgeous artwork and a tight story, this issue was a must read for Scarlet Spider AND Spider-Man fans. I think there is a solid trickle down in at least Kaine's world of things that are to come after this book (more clones? his health?) and would be a good jumping on point for anyone who was nervous to start this title. I can't express enough, however, that you MUST read the team up book before this or you are bound to be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment