Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #35

Writer: Jason Aaron
Penciler: Nick Bradshaw
Inker: Walden Wong
Colorists: Laura Martin, Guru eFX, Thomas Mason, Matt Milla, Sotocolor
Letters: Clayton Cowles
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 28th, 2013

"The Hellfire Saga Conclusion"

Finally I am done questioning this title. I was smiling from cheek to cheek when I closed the final page, then reopened it to look at the teaser for Battle of the Atom on the last page. I am also glad to see that the Hellfire Academy stuff is done. It was a little too goofy for me at points and I really didn't like the Snot mutant. I am also not certain how I feel about the Hellions as a whole but see that a few of them will still be functional with the help of some of the staff of the academy.

I guess I got ahead of myself a little bit. We left Quentin Quire and Idie trying to escape the Academy while the Jean Grey school was coming to get them. There is just pure chaos within the walls of the Academy and Kade is convinced that he has won because what he has done has set in motion great changes for the X-Men. I think he may be right there considering the changes in Quentin (he likes being a hero), the relationship with Quentin and Idie as well as what happened with Broo.

Of course everything turned out okay. Villains got away, heroes returned to their school and Logan decided to keep the place open. There are a few new students (Hellfire Club kids) and Broo is back to being himself after biting a Bamf. It seems to be truly a calm settling before the storm that is going to be The Battle of the Atom.

Now...look away if you hate spoilers.....

Seriously....

SPOILERS......



We see after Broo bites the Bamf that someone dressed in a white cloak is sitting there as well. On the final pages of the book we see this character again with his long blue tail flicking from beneath his outfit. He mutters a few words: "Let's hope you're right. Let's hope the X-Men still remember their old friends. And that they're not afraid to risk their lives on more time...to save a dead man..." So...it seems that Nightcrawler will be back and THAT, my friends, is why this book made me smile and excited to see what is to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment