Thursday, August 15, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #10

Writer: Sam Humphries
Aritst: Ramon Perez
Color Artists: Jay David Ramos and Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 14th, 2013

I am really uncertain about this title. The previous arc with the strange Fantomax love story thing with Psylocke just felt blah. I was debating dropping the book after that but decided to give it another arc with the promise of more Bishop in my life. I remember really enjoying my time with Bishop in the past and came into this hopeful that Humphries can give him a better voice than he has for Psylocke thus far. I say that about Psylocke because he still doesn't seem to understand how she works i.e. her calling some of the Revanants "scrubs". Ugh...

One of my other main issues with this title thus far is the seemingly forced use of censored swears. I know that Uncanny X-Force is supposed to be a much darker look into the X-universe but there is no need for swearing so heavily and using a blank out technique which seems to smear the page and break up the flow of dialogue.

There is a little good peaking through in this issue though. We gain a better understanding as to what the Revanants really are and what Bishop has been up to. We also get a look into the minds of the heroes of this title toward the end. I am just uncertain as to the inconsistent flow of story telling and wavering personalities. I intend to give this book until the end of this arc with the hope that Humphries gets a feel for these characters but in all honesty, it isn't looking too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment