Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weekly pulls for 8/28/13

This week I haven't been as focused on comics as I normally would be. I am a huge Final Fantasy fan and this week marked the launch of Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn. It has been riddled with errors and issues and it has made it very hard for me to play but for some reason I have been borderline obsessed with it. If you randomly play I am on the Leviathan world with the handle Blazing Soul. I am worried that when they get their server issues sorted (supposedly by next week) I will lose a lot of my comic book time.

With that said, I am rushing to the conclusion of my Amazing Spider-Man retro-read. As of last night I closed the chapters of Grim Hunt with issues #634 and feel pretty confident that I will be finishing the whole read within a month. It is hard to believe that I started tackling this around a year ago and I really do not regret the decision. There has been a lot to love, quite a bit to be sad about, and it helped grow my love for my favorite Marvel hero to date. When I have finished the retro-read I intend to put a relatively comprehensive blog post up, but I am sure I will lose details while gushing.

In other comic news, we are in the last week before the Battle of the Atom X-event and I have to admit I am excited. The X-books have been so consistently good as of late that it is hard to not get a little slap-happy about an event that is connecting them. Oh, and did I mention another X-title is to come during this time-frame? I am a bit excited about it because we should get some Nightcrawler action again.

One last thing that I can't remember if I mentioned or not, but Venom has been cancelled. Right after it starts getting good again and I really start connecting with Flash it is over in..well a Flash. I hear issue #42 is the final book but it will tie into The Superior Spider-Man somehow which could be very dark, and very interesting.

Anyhow, here are my pulls for today:

Scarlet Spider #21
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #26
Uncanny Avengers #11
Uncanny X-Men #11
Wolverine and the X-Men #35

Seems to be that I am averaging five-six books a week anymore. I would love to find some more fat to trim (and am still battling with Wolverine and the X-Men) but I haven't found anything yet that I feel confident dropping. Okay, reviews will come after I have had the chance to read my books! Until then, happy reading comic fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment