Thursday, August 29, 2013

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #26

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Art: Dave Marquez
Colors: Justin Ponsor
Lettering: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 28th, 2013

"Spider-Man No More"

These last few issues of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man have been really impressive. Then again, this series has been impressive from the beginning. I remember, about a year ago, wondering how I could ever like someone other than Peter Parker as Spider-Man and now, I can't seem to find a Spider-Man that is Peter Parker and oddly enough, I am not upset about it. The story telling that is able to happen by putting someone else under the helm is a lot of fun.

Anyhow, enough gushing about my favorite superhero (Spidey as a whole). These last few issues of Spider-Man No More have been a great way to get introduced to some more people in the Ultimate Universe that we haven't really seen. This issue was no different in that we got the back story to both Bombshells and received a little more information about the Roxxon Corporation and their drive to create their own super soldier. This story ends with the introduction of Taskmaster who is bound to make things difficult for Spidey, Bombshell and Spider-Woman.

I think the reason I am so drawn to this title is because the characters really start to feel real. I have compassion for what Cloak and Dagger are going through, I feel bad that Bombshell was forced into her life because of her mother (and Roxxon) and I definitely feel bad for Miles after his mother was killed. Even with the minimal exposure to the title character in this issue, I felt love for the characters in it. If Bendis can keep up this pace (as he has so far), I think this book will be around for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment