Friday, July 20, 2012

Avengers vs X-Men Round 8

Writer: Jason Aaron, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction and Jonathan Hickman
Pencils: Adam Kubert
Inks: John Dell
Colors: Laura Martin with Larry Molinar
Letters: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: July 18th, 2012

From the moment I opened this comic to the first page spread with Namor flooding Wakanda, I was hooked. This comic is very action packed showing the Avengers finally fighting a member of the Phoenix Five to K.O. as well as finally showing us Hope getting to K'Un Lun to begin her training.

I have to say, this was one of the first times I have really liked watching Namor fight. I have found his "Imperius Rex" to be annoying and really threw me off of him...but man, this guy can throw down. Anyone who can do that to Red Hulk...well you'd have to read the issue to know.

Also...I am SO happy to see Xavier finally make some sort of appearance that shows where he stands in this whole battle to the death that is going on:

"How dare you, Scott Summer?!"....

Avengers vs X-Men is flushing out to be quite the series. I am waiting relatively impatiently to see how it all plays out. I am starting to get a feeling that perhaps Scott Summers will not survive this whole fiasco...

I give this issue a solid 9/10...It isn't perfection but it is knocking on the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment