Thursday, July 12, 2012

AvX Versus #4

 Part 1: Daredevil vs. Psylocke
Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Brandon Peterson
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Part 2: The Mighty Thor vs. Emma Frost
Writer/Artist: Kaare Andrews
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Both
Publisher: Marvel Comics (VC's Joe Caramagna)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: July 11th, 2012

 Every month this book is SO much fun to read. The first fight between Daredevil and Psylocke was amazing. Two basically ninjas going at it in detail. It is incredible seeing how evenly matched these two are. I am fairly certain there isn't a page that both of them don't get off at least one hit. I also have to note that the art is so dark in the right places and vivid in others that it is hard to not stare at the page spreads. I did find it interesting that Remender added more internal thoughts to the characters, almost *gasp* adding to the plot and drive of these characters. I thought that what this book was trying to NOT do...but no one is mad about comic characters being humanized.

The second fight, Thor vs. Emma Frost is a lot brighter and angry. A god versus a phoenix was amazing to watch. A lot of lightning, a lot of red and a lot of smack talk on the end of Emma Frost. My personal favorite line spoken by Emma:

"I should have guessed a boy who takes such girlish effort with his long locks would hit like one. Tell me, have you ever wished a woman to put you on all fours and grab hold of that mane? It's all right, I can keep a secret. Even a god of thunder could use a little whipping now and then. I have such pretty things to dress you in--"

This little comment leads into the last few blows of the fight. It is amazing to see that kind of power go at it so angrily. The Phoenix Five are really starting to show their power...how else could they stand toe-to-toe with a god?

As always, I don't want to ruin who wins any fights so I'll leave them at that. This book actually ties for my favorite of this week with The New Avengers #28. I give it a 10/10.  If you aren't reading this stuff yet, you should start.

No comments:

Post a Comment