Friday, July 27, 2012

The Avengers #28

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils: Walter Simonson
Inks: Scott Hanna
Colors: Jason Keith
Letterer: VC's Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: July 25th, 2012

Bendis really makes me smile. It is funny, when I started reading comics again people warned me that Bendis' writing had become weak...I haven't seen it yet. This issue is a prime example of how strong his story telling skills are today and I am definitely gaining a soft spot in my heart for Red Hulk.

This issue deals with Red Hulk attempting a mission that he knows Captain America will never call for but all of the Avengers know needs to happen: The assassination of Scott Summers. Red Hulk plans for this so well and I really want to see Summers go down and go down hard.

The story was sprawled mostly on the first few page spreads running down the right hand side of the right page. The rest of the comic is simplistic in writing but still tells an amazing story through the art. I don't want to spoil it but Scott is definitely calling out The Avengers and Red Hulk is ready to respond in kind.

I give this issue a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment