Friday, July 20, 2012

Uncanny X-Men #16

Writer: Kieron Gillen
Artist: Daniel Acuna
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: July 18th, 2012

Clones used as military weapons?!?! OH NO!

Mr. Sinister is still at it, fighting with the X-Men, namely the Phoenix Five, to stop them from completely wiping out Mr. Sinister and his Sinister Spawn by destorying Sinister London (quite sinister hmmm?).

Artistically I enjoyed this book. There are amazing spreads with lots of explosions and plenty of action but I feel like there is a slip in conistency between all of the comics as to how powerful the Phoenix Five really are. I find it difficult to think that Mr. Sinister can take on ALL FIVE of the Phoenix Five and stand a chance while it takes basically all of the most powerful Avengers to take out ONE of them...

I digress...if you look at this comic as its own thing where the X-Men are fighting Mr. Sinister, it isn't terrible. I like that it has set up for the next issue to focus on Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Danger instead of the Phoenix Five which has dominated most of the X-Men titles over the past couple months.

All in all I am having problems getting excited for this X-Men title. It is my least favorite of the group but it still isn't terrible. It is a shame too, I was excited initially to see the return of Sinister.

I give Uncanny X-Men #16 a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment