Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cable and X-Force

Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Artist: Salbador Larroca
Colorist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: January 9th, 2013

We have FINALLY found out what Cable's mission was and why he and his X-Force are surrounded by bodies at the beginning of issue #1...at least that is how it seems by the end of this issue. I am really enjoying the pacing of this so far and am continuously impressed by Hopeless' work with Hope and her father.

This issue does, however, make me long for more Uncanny Avengers which has been really poor on release dates. It has gotten to the point that I asked my comic guy if the series was cancelled. At this point we should at least have issue #4 in hand and yet we are down to only #2. It is weird seeing Alex Summers and his group holding Hope for questioning when they barely even seem like a real team at this point. Oh well, it is still handled is a good way.

The strange mutation that is happening in this issue is also weird and has haunted my dreams. I don't want to ever be a misshapen fat tumor that seems to attack anything in sight. Shivers...seriously, even now just flipping through the pages of the book.

Cable and X-Force is promising to shape up to be a pretty solid book. I am enjoying the almost torturous naming of X-Force and the things that are going on. The story is taking a little while to really catch stride but I don't think that is a bad thing. It is wetting the whistle for what is to come, and I think that something that is coming is going to be big.

No comments:

Post a Comment