Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weekly pulls for 01/02/13

Happy New Year everyone! It is good to celebrate the new year with comic books isn't it? To start, for those of you who do not follow me on twitter I took a hiatus last week due to the fact that the only comics that hit the shelves were Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 which both dealt with some major movements in Spidey's world. I didn't want to review them within the week that they were released because I wanted to give all of my readers a chance to read them before I spoiled everything. I will review both of those comics here in a little bit and they will contain spoilers. If you are still trying to dodge Spider-Man spoilers because for some reason you haven't read issue #700 stay away from my review, you have been warned.

This week was another light week and another week that was mostly filled with Spider-Man related titles. I want to note here that I did not, however, pick up Morbius the Living Vampire #1 in print but I did get the chance to read it electronically and am presently surprised. It isn't gold, but it could get there. It spends a lot of time focusing on the fact that he isn't a real vampire and what he has gotten himself into. It shows promise.

Anyhow, I guess it is on to the books that I grabbed this week:

All-New X-Men #5
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #19
Venom #29

As I said, short pull list again. I think I like it this way though. I am not overloaded on story-lines and am able to keep it all clear. Plus, the things that I am still reading are holding my attention without question...

I guess that is all for now. Happy New Year once again my readers. It is good to know that we made it to 2013 relatively unscathed. I trust that this year will be wonderful for everyone! Anyhow, to kick off the new year I will toss up those reviews that you guys enjoy looking at. Until then, happy reading everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment