Thursday, February 7, 2013

All-New X-Men #7

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: David Marquez
Color Artist: Marte Gracia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 06th, 2013

It was bound to happen, we finally got an issue that focused on the young Scott Summers. The cover of the issue tells a lot by showing Scott together with Mystique. It has become very difficult to really know what side Mystique is really on and this issue cleared it up a bit. She is obviously up to something with some of the other X-baddies and the best way to keep focus off of them is to pit the two main X-teams against each other.

I think the way that Bendis is slowly revealing the lives of the original X-Men to themselves is interesting. He isn't allowing them to become bombarded with every piece of information right out of the gate. So far we know that Jean has gained the majority of her life through her telepathic connection with everyone but Scott learns a lot in this issue by opening a safety deposit box. It also led to a nice, neat close for this issue.

I have said it before, Bendis is capturing my full attention with his work here. What seemed like a cheesy idea to me, has blossomed into a story that is riveting and I can't even think about dropping. This series has made me excited for next week's Uncanny X-Men #1 because I am starting to care about all of these characters again. There is definitely a story to be told between this book and that one and I am making sure I don't miss a single chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment