Friday, February 15, 2013

Wolverine and the X-Men #25

Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ramon Perez
Colorist: Laura Martin
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 13th, 2013

"Survival 101"
 
So it seems that my original analysis of a stronger focus on Quentin Quire may be spot on. He is now the "president" of the students at the Jean Grey School and seems to be making the effort to try to be a leader. Not only that but Wolverine is giving him more and more responsibility. I am still not sure how I feel about this because I am not sure how I feel about Quentin...oh well, only time will tell.

Other than that, I have a bone to pick with this issue. We were left off with Broo seeming to attack Idie and yet it was just graced over in this issue. We learn through some oddly placed flashback that Broo is feral now and he only doesn't go after Idie AFTER the initial attack. He is on the end of a leash at the beginning of the issue. I thought that since Aaron had been focusing so much on Idie and Broo's relationship and Broo as a character that his turning feral may have had a larger impact. Oh well, minor grief.

The issue itself takes place, for the most part, in the Savage Land. Wolverine is taking the kids out to teach them how to survive as a group. This is really where the responsibility of Quentin is supposed to kick in...well you'll have to read it to see how that goes. The other aspect of this issue is one of Wolverine's brothers is out to get him and tracks him to the Savage Land. The issue alludes to a large fight that is bound to take place in the next issue which may be fun but I don't know too much about Wolverine's brother and am more interested in what happens to the students.

It is hard to believe but as of late this has been my least favorite X-title. I am not saying that it is bad by any stretch of the imagination and it may also be because I have become comfortable with the team here, I don't know. All I know is that Aaron needs to step it up a little bit if he intends to keep up with Spurrier and Bendis.

No comments:

Post a Comment