Thursday, February 7, 2013

Secret Avengers #37

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Scalera
Color Art: Matthew Wilson
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 06th. 2013

"Mutiny"

This is the moment I have been waiting for. This comic is the final issue of Remender's run on Secret Avengers. I can't say that I am unhappy to see it go which shouldn't come as a shocker to any of my readers. This whole arc dealing with Father and the Descendants has not really captured my attention. The last issue was the first time I walked away from the book in a while feeling as if it was actually worth my time and yet I still couldn't see myself clinging to this team for much longer.

Although there are a few difficult decisions to be made within this issue I didn't feel any real connection. The story telling felt lackluster and I felt that there were emotions trying to be forced on me that I didn't really feel.  Also, I didn't feel there were any long-term repercussions for what happened in this last arc. I know a race takes a major blow but I found myself having already lost interest and because of that, not really caring.

I know there are a lot of people out there that are sad to see this title go and even felt that this arc was something amazing. I am not one of those people and I think that it is truly a good thing that this title is starting a new #1...too bad I wont be there to see if it is any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment