Thursday, February 7, 2013

Venom #31

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Declan Shalvey
Color Art: Lee Loughridge
Letters: Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 06th. 2013

 "Day One"

I am glad that I didn't drop this title when I started to feel a tug away. Flash has been an incredibly interesting protagonist. I like how we are starting to see him lose control mentally and physically as he pushes the Symbiote without any of the scientific help that is offered to him from the Avengers. It is very humanistic to think of a legless man who finds a way to walk again that becomes reliant on it.

Story wise I am very interested in what Flash wants to accomplish in Philadelphia. It is obvious he is trying to find himself as a hero and it may not be a terrible idea to start out in a new city. It is just surprising to see how much more often we see the normal Venom form instead of the "agent Venom" form we have started to get used to. Even the way he speaks while the Symbiote is spread over his body has changed significantly since the early issues of this series.

I like that this issue dealt with Flash just sort of living his life. It always seems hard to start a new arc with someone that is as established as Venom but I am definitely interested in the new characters that were introduced to here and of course I am interested in what the heck Eddie Brock wants from Flash. I am beyond thrilled to see Toxin back on the scene and am staying positive about this arc. Venom in Philadelphia may be the fresh start that I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment