Friday, February 22, 2013

Deadpool #5

Writer: Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan
Artist: Tony Moore
Colorist: Val Staples
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: February 20th. 2013

"Star Wars: Revenge of the Gipper"

I stood in the comic shop this week staring at the cover of this book dreading it. I called it out last issue saying that if it didn't get any better issue #5 was it. I almost didn't even make it that far but because of my aforementioned limited pulls this week I got it anyhow...

Deadpool is a well known one trick pony. He is ridiculous, he breaks the forth wall and his stories never really seem to pick up pace or go anywhere too great without the help of other heroes. I think this is always an issue with his ongoing titles and that is the way this one was feeling. About halfway through this issue I was in that mindset still. Don't get my wrong, I was laughing quite a bit especially while he was fighting space monkeys as well as eating some...well jellybeans...you'd understand if you read it. It just wasn't doing much for me UNTIL Wade got back to Earth.

Reanimated Washington is kind of a dick. He does something that actually caused me to close the issue and sigh deeply, realizing that I will have to purchase issue #6 to at least see how the arc ends and how Deadpool handles what happened. All I can say is Deadpool got serious...everyone knows that means something big happened.

So you got me Posehn and Duggan, I will return for at least one or two more issues. You'd better keep this new pace up or you will lose a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment