Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Superior Spider-Man #3

Writer: Dan Slott
Artist: Ryan Stegman
Color Art: Edgar Delgado
Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: February 06th, 2013

"Everything You Know Is Wrong"

I have to admit, I am loving this title. I don't think it is because I am a fanboy either because it seems a lot of fanboys are not happy with the fact that Spider-Man isn't exactly Peter Parker anymore. I think the use of Otto in Peter's body is making the book incredibly interesting. The use of "ghost" Peter is strong too. I like the fact that we are starting to get glimpses into Otto's past through Peter's eyes. It seems we still have a lot to learn about a villain we have known for years.

I also have been enjoying the interactions of Otto and Peter's friends. Everything feels so strained and uncomfortable that I can't help but smile. It is also interesting to see J.J. liking Spider-Man right after he is no longer Peter. "Ghost" Peter's reactions frequently reflect my own to situations which has caused me to chuckle a lot.

The big thing is how unbelievably violently Otto handles his enemies. What he does to The Vulture at the end of this issue is harsh. This, of course, does not go unnoticed by Carlie Cooper and it is starting to feel as if she is certain that Peter is no longer himself.

Every issue of this book is making me hungry for more. Dan Slott's work here is very fitting and I am excited for what is to come. Who else is Octo-Spider going to fight? How long is Peter going to be stuck chasing his old body? Will we ever get the normal Spider-Man back? Only time will tell and this is one book that I am excited to give time to.

No comments:

Post a Comment