Thursday, July 16, 2015

Letter 44 #18

Writer: Charles Soule
Artist: Alberto Jimenez Alburquerque

Letter 44 has been a roller coaster of great storytelling, strangely placed flashbacks and interesting looks into human nature. I have to admit there was a little while there where I wasn't sure where the book was going or if it was meant to run for as long as possible. I recently read a post for Charles Soule that the book is to run 35 issues and that we have reached a little over the halfway point. With that said, there is a lot of time for a lot more to happen.

This issue was not a letdown by any stretch of the imagination. There was a push forward with what exactly the aliens are and an interesting look as to how the humans that are dealing with them will handle them. The war on Earth is finally petering down while they prepare for the asteroid that is rocketing toward the planet, but there is a catch there, only the US knows it is coming which is bound to lead to problems as foreshadowed at the end of the issue.

While standing in the middle of this tale, I understand the purpose of the flashbacks and feel that they were handled really well once all is said and done. Looking forward I am excited to see how everything resolves and if there is even a chance that Earth will still be standing. Soule has surprised me so many times with this book that I can honestly say that I will still be here, reading issue 35 please with the final piece.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment