Friday, July 10, 2015

Spider-Verse #3

Writer: Mike Costa
Artist: Andre Araujo
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg

What do you get when you toss a bunch of Spider-Men from different dimensions together when they aren't certain as to why they are there? Mass confusion on the part of the Spider-Men. In all reality, this book should be called Spider-Gwen considering it is focused on her point of view for the majority of the book. I am not saying that is a bad thing, I enjoy Spider-Gwen, but I was sort of hoping for a perspective from another Spider-Man that we don't get to hear from often.

Anyhow, this issue explains (lightly) as to why Osborn is interested in the Spiders and seems to actually want to help them (which is not likely). Gwen, being that she is Gwen, doesn't trust him and goes off on her own to visit her own grave (weird I know) which is where this story started off anyhow. There is a quick introduction to another Spider at the end (last page surprise page, as stated before that I am not always a huge fan of), and the book ends. I didn't feel like a lot was accomplished in this issue but I really hope that it does pick back up considering I had a pretty good time reading the original Spider-Verse story arc.


Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment