Monday, September 24, 2012

Amazing Spider-Man 34-47

I never realized how many lady problems Peter Parker had! First he has issues with Betty Brant, thinking that he loves her but loses her to Ned Leeds...of course he realized after the fact that he wasn't really in love and NOW he has both MJ and Gwen Stacy to worry about. Poor kid has all of the problems...well that and his spider powers....

There are a lot of cool things going on in this series so far. Finally I have seen a great interaction between the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) and Spider-Man. He is the FIRST person to unmask him yet ends up with amnesia. Also, Peter is starting to become good friends with Norman's son Harry and has even taken an apartment with him!

Update of Flash Thompson...he is still a tool but he has also been drafted for the war. This is the beginning of his army career which is still constantly referenced in the now ungoing Venom comic title. It is so weird to see how much of a jerk he is to Peter while knowing that they become very good friends. That and Flash is the biggest Spider-Man fan ever...funny isn't it?

Aunt May is currently living with Mrs. Watson so Peter has even more chances to interact with MJ who, although very attractive and interested in him, is sort of too ditzy for him. Peter has been mentioning a lot recently that he would far rather have a chance with that groovy Gwen Stacy girl. Yeah I said groovy...what about it? There are so many great 60s/70s slang terms floating around that it gets a little crazy. Heck, a lot of people refer to each other as "Dad," which I never realized was a common term for someone.

Sorry that this is so scattered...it is hard to sum up more than ten comics in a manner that isn't just a giant summary...so my brain is hopping everywhere.

SOOOOOO, list of enemies that have stood out the Spidey has fought thus far:
The Vulture
Doctor Octopus
Green Goblin
Kraven the Hunter
The Shocker
Lizard
The Rhino
Mysterio
and I am sure some others that I am forgetting....

As you can see, a lot of the stuff we have grown to love and see frequently in this title started a long time ago. I am excited to see where it goes and how many of the people that are currently in the series change into the people I know now. I am but a small fraction through my reading list and will continue to push through. I mean...I only have around 640 old issues left to go....yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment