Saturday, September 8, 2012

Secret Avengers #30

Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Wilson
Letterer: VC's Clayton Cowles
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: August 22nd, 2012


"Something Wicked This Way Comes"

As a little surprise bonus for me this week, my comic guy JC scored me this missing issue from a couple weeks back. Have I mentioned how much I love Remender's work with Venom? Because if I haven't, this is the time to state it. I absolutely love the way he works with Flash as Venom and am reminded as to why I was sad when he quit the main Venom title last month.
Regardless, I am happy to see Remender continue his work here in Secret Avengers which started out with a fight between Venom and Taskmaster. The cool thing is, Venom can really stand up against Taskmaster for the most part and requires very little help to get the upper hand. With Taskmaster facing a potential defeat, he is forced to flee which leads to a quick motorcycle chase between himself, one of my other new favorite heroes Hawkeye and Valkyrie as well as some other lowlifes that join in the fun. 

This all leads to a conclusion where we are reminded that Max Fury is not really a real person and that Taskmaster definitely is. The Abyss is now awake and we are about to see a lot of possessed people fighting in the next issue.

Even though I am not super interested in the Abyss thing, I am enjoying what Remender is doing here and am excited to see where it goes in issue #31. I enjoyed reading this and am glad I was able to get a copy of this for myself. I give Secret Avengers #30 a 8/10. Pretty solid stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment