Friday, September 21, 2012

The Panel Scanners Episode 5 and other cool things

As promised in my weekly pulls we recorded Episode 5 of The Panel Scanners last night and you can access that here whenever you have the time to listen to us geek out a bit. We discussed the New 52 "Zero Month" as well as the upcoming Marvel NOW! initiative. As always Jonny, Darren and myself spoke about what we are reading, what is good and plainly what isn't.

I would also like to speak briefly here on how excited I am for Marvel NOW! After everything that has happened and is bound to still happen in  Avengers vs X-Men there should be plenty of grit to fight through in these upcoming comics. As most should know at this point, Marvel is cancelling more than nine titles and starting a few other titles with #1s (I am not certain as to how many are doing this...) The titles being cancelled are big names which I will include here with the issue number in which they are going to be cancelled:

Avengers Academy #39
Captain America #19
Fantastic Four #611
FF #23
Incredible Hulk #15
Invincible Iron Man #527
New Mutants #50
The Mighty Thor #22
Uncanny X-Men #20
X-Men Legacy #275

Considering I only read two of these titles I am not overly upset at the choices but I am sure there are a lot of readers that are upset to see things that they have grown to love vanish once more. Just remember that we should be seeing some new #1 issues coming and that new titles will replace the old.

There are a few titles coming out that have piqued my interest: Uncanny Avengers, All-New X-Men and Avengers Arena. I KNOW there will be more...so I don't know how much more I can afford. We shall see.

Anyhow, other than those things it is business as usual. I almost forgot though! I recently got my hands on the first four issues of the Doctor Who/Star Trek the Next Generation cross-over which I intend to read over the weekend! Cool stuff and definitely out of my normal realm of Marvel. My reviews should also be coming in the next day so be ready for that. If you want something to do until then feel free to listen to the podcast and keep reading all of those amazing comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment