Friday, September 14, 2012

Weekly Pulls 09/12/2012

Once again it was a wonderful week in the world of Marvel Comics! We are quickly approaching the start of Marvel NOW! with the conclusion of AvX and I couldn't be more excited. From everything I have read about the comics that are in our future I have incredibly high hopes for this new direction of Marvel. Noteably, I am looking forward to Uncanny Avengers, The All-New X-Men, and Avengers Arena. The latter is a Battle Royale style world in which the youngest of super heroes are going to battle it out to the death! This is going to replace Avengers Academy which I feel is good because I wasn't able to connect with the heroes unlike a lot of other readers.

This actual week was riddled with me reading a lot of old comics while waiting for the release of my Wednesday books. I read a good fifteen (or more) old Amazing Spider-Man comics (which I will give a general review of later) as well as reading the whole Dark Phoenix Saga for the podcast next Thursday. I forget sometimes how good old comics can be and all reading these old series are doing for me is reminding me as to why I read so much as a youngster.

My actual pulls for this week were solid as well. Due to me not being overly observant and tired while picking up my books, I SOMEHOW missed picking up my issue of Uncanny X-Men #18 and refuse to drive to my shop until Monday when we play Settlers of Catan together. Other than delaying my reading of Uncanny X-Men, there were six books that are great reads:

Avengers vs. X-men Round 11
Avenging Spider-Man #12
New Avengers #30
Scarlet Spider #9
Uncanny X-Men #18 (I technically wont have this till Monday 9/17 due to my slackishness with my pull-list)
Wolverine and the X-Men #16
X-Men Legacy #273

As always reviews will follow sometime Saturday or Sunday. Remember that there wont be a review for Uncanny X-Men until (at earliest) Monday if not until the following weekend when I do my reviews for the pulls of 09/19/2012. I will also do my weekly Amazing Spider-Man discussion and should be updating the AvX reading order (I do know where Uncanny X-Men #18 falls) as well. Until then folks, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment