Friday, September 21, 2012

Venom #25

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Pencils: Thony Silas
Inks: Nelson Decastro
Colors: Chris Sotomayor
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 19th, 2012

"Monsters of Evil Part 3"

This was another surprising comic for me. I was really torn on Bunn's first arc with Venom and was uncertain if he would be able to keep pace with the great story telling that Rememder started but Bunn has found his stride.

The Monsters of Evil themselves were not obnoxious or ridiculous as I thought they would be. If anything, they were downplayed while the main focus was on Hellstrom and Venom. We learn that Venom is marked by Mephisto to maybe become the next devil himself. This relates back to an older arc and is slightly interesting but as always, I am not super impressed by Hell storylines.

I am happy to see that Bunn isn't ruining the well formed character and I am definitely excited for the issue coming next month dealing with Minimum Carnage. After that, I will see what this title has to offer...I give this issue a 7/10 which isn't too shabby but I can't wait to see where else Bunn takes this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment