Saturday, September 8, 2012

Avengers Academy #36

Writer: Christos Gage
Artist: Andrea Di Vito
Colorist: Chris Sotomayor
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 05th, 2012

"Final Exam: Part 3 of 4"

I am still having major issues connecting with the cast of this comic. I feel like I should care more that their powers have been taken away from them by Justin and that they are working so hard to get them back as well as stop him but I just don't! The only character I care in the slightest for is X-23 but she hardly gets a panel anymore.

Regardless, this is part three of the arc that is following Avengers Academy's part of AvX. They are still battling Justin and trying to stop him from taking every superheroes powers away from them. Powered down, the team is struggling against his minions to stop the launch of the missiles containing Clean Slate. 

Tattered and exhausted, the team catches up to Jeremy to (no surprise) already be launching Clean Slate into the world to infect everyone and get rid of all of the super powers in the world. Looking back through the comic I didn't feel that it was terrible but it was insanely predictable. The magic users are able to regain their artifacts, they give X-23 her powers back so she won't die and they are slightly too late to stop Jeremy (so that there can be a part four.)

As I continue to state, Avengers Academy is mediocre at best which is sad considering how much I love Gage's work in X-Men Legacy. If there isn't some sort of great ending to this arc I feel like I will be saying sayonara to this comic in the near future.

I give Avengers Academy #36 a predictable 4/10....I really hope the finale is good....   

No comments:

Post a Comment