Friday, September 21, 2012

Uncanny X-Men #18

Writer: Kieron Gillen
Artist: Ron Garney
Colorist: Jason Keith & Morry Hollowell
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 12th, 2012

I must say that I really enjoyed this issue. As readers we really see what is going on in the heads of the final two members of the Phoenix Five and where this series is ultimately headed. Emma Frost and Scott Summers are having a "dinner" psychically while they battle the Avengers and Professor X in the real world. They discuss life, their current goals and what their next step will be. There are a ton of references as to what is going on in the core series that I am not going to mention due to trying to keep this relatively spoil free until I do a total review of AvX.

On that note, I recommend reading this issue after round 11 (see the reading order for AvX) so that you don't have great moments ruined for you. I just think it is cool to see how far Scott has fallen and how willing Emma Frost is to let that happen to him. I give this issue a solid 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment