Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man #693

Writer: Dan Slott
Pencils: Humberto Ramos
Inks: Victor Olazaba
Colors: Edgar Delgado
Letterer: VC's Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 05th, 2012


"Alpha Part 2: That Something Special"

Wow Alpha is a tool. The kid is so full of himself and has no idea what he is capable of. This issue deals with Peter trying to figure out what he should do with his creation and what would be best for everyone. Alpha's arrogance gets him in trouble and we get a small flicker of Jackal trying to get possession of Peter's creation.
After the little run in with Jackal, Alpha seems to decide that he shouldn't be around his parents and removes himself (and his money) from their care. There is a small flicker of showing the Fantastic Four noticing how Alpha is getting out of control but they decide to leave it in the hands of Peter.

I am not sure how I feel about this arc so far. Alpha has some potential but is pretty much a douche. Peter wants to return him to normal because he feels he doesn't deserve the power which I am forced to agree with him. I am getting a little tired of the "No More!" moments in Marvel comics. Who didn't see the "Alpha: No More!" moment?

Oh well, I still love me some Spider-Man. It wasn't a terrible issue but I am more excited for the goblin war that is brewing. I give this issue a 7/10....worth the read but not amazing as the title would lead you to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment