Saturday, September 8, 2012

Venom #24

Writer: Cullen Bunn
Pencils: Thony Silas
Inks: Nelson Decastro
Colors: Chris Sotomayor
Letterer: VC's Joe Caramagna
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 05th, 2012

"Monsters of Evil: Part 2"

Holy crap demon Venom! Too bad demon minions aren't yummy eh Flash? Well, at least that seems to be the case at the beginning of this issue before he gets control over his inner demons. At first I didn't know how I felt about this storyline but as I got a little further into it I realized that the demon version of Venom is sort of like the embodiment of what Flash has been fighting off the whole time. He has never wanted his inner demons to win and now the battle has become even more serious.
I like the way that Bunn is making it seem as if the demon wants to escape but the symbiote refuses to let it go because it is THAT much of a parasite to its host. I also enjoy the fact that it seems Flash has a lot more control over the suit than he did in the beginning. He is able to stay slim and use tendrils while still fighting with guns! That is something else. 

The build up to the end of this issue and the fight with Daimon Hellstrom was cool but I am not sure how I feel about the actual "Monster of Evil"...I guess I'll have to wait till issue #25 is out. I give this issue a solid 7/10...I don't care that much for the whole hell storyline thing but I sure love me some Venom.

On a related note...in almost every comic I read this week there were inserts for "Minimum Carnage"...I am beyond excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment