Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hawkeye #2

Writer: Matt Fraction
Artist: David Aja
Colorist: Matt Hollingsworth
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 05th, 2012



This comic focuses on Clint Barton and what he is doing with his time when he is not an Avenger. I never thought I would care about Hawkeye or what he does on his free time but for two months in a row now I have been floored by this comic. It has easily been my top pick and I am starting to believe that it is going to continue to do that to me...but I guess I am getting ahead of myself.

This issue focused on Kate Bishop (a previous Hawkeye herself) and Clint going to try to take care of a scam that is happening around town. It seems to be some sort of Cirque show and all of the biggest names are in attendance including Kingpin. With some amazing bow and teamwork, Clint and Kate are able to take care of the scam artists (without killing them mind you) and they are able to escape in one piece. Of course, they escape on the boat with the money stolen from all of the biggest names in crime on it and Clint Barton is accused by Kingpin of robbing them all. This should lead to some pretty decent story arcs in the future.

Not only are the battles solid, the insane aim of both Hawkeyes is great as well as the banter and relationship between Clint and Kate is amazing. It is nearly impossible to put this title down and much like the first issue I have already had more than one reading of it. The story telling is spot on and the art is beyond fitting with the story.

Without missing a beat I give Hawkeye #2 a 10/10. If you are reading comics and you are not reading this title you should get your head checked! Buy it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment