Saturday, September 15, 2012

X-Men Legacy #273

Writer: Christos Gage
Penciler: Rafa Sandoval
Inker: Jordi Tarragona
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: VC's Cory Pettit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $2.99
Release Date: September 12th, 2012

It is hard to believe that a couple months ago this comic was my pick of the month. I am not saying that it is bad now and I get what Gage was doing by drawing parallels between what is happening on this alien planet and with the Avengers and the X-Men but I didn't connect with the alien races. It became very obvious to me about two issues again that Rogue would ultimately solve the problem on the planet by using the two people she made friends with from the competing races to understand one another.

That said, I still really like the bright art and I still really enjoy Rogue as a character. I am incredibly happy that she was chosen to be a member of Uncanny Avengers. I am also happy that X-Men Legacy is back to the world we know and there is promise of an issue dealing with Magneto coming next.

So, I get the point with his arc Gage. If people work together they can overcome anything. This just felt a little long winded to me. Glad this issue ended with Rogue being dropped back on the battlefield where we see her at the beginning of AvX round 11. I give this issue a 4/10...it was predictable and I just didn't connect with the alien races. I am sure there are many people out there who dug this arc...I just wasn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment