Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wolverine and the X-Men #16

Writer: Jason Aaron
Penciler/Colorist: Chris Bachalo
Inkers: Tim Townsend, Jaime Menooza & Al Vey
Letterer: VC's Chris Eliopoulos
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: September 12th, 2012

"The Fires of Hell A-Glowing"

The actual AvX overlap isn't major in this issue. I think the main reason it is even in here is to sort of highlight the reasons why people would want their own personal sentinels to take care of mutants. 
I think I may have gotten ahead of myself. The Hellfire Club has recently gained new members, evil children, that have taken over for the older members. This issue is detailing how and why Kade Kilgore is now the leader of the club. As the leader, he has taken it upon himself and his companions to create new, more vicious versions of Sentinels to take care of the mutants that are around the world.

The back story of Kade is wonderfully done, showing how he became evil and how he learned to kill ruthlessly. The comic also does a great job showing how powerful he is...I am not talking about strength, I mean control over those who actually do have strength. Money is truly a powerful weapon.

When I finished this issue I really felt as if Aaron is setting up for the post AvX Wolverine and the X-Men titles. This sick group of kids who now run The Hellfire Club are sure to be pretty nasty enemies. I am definitely excited to see what is coming...I give this issue a 9/10 only because I was expecting more of an AvX tie-in than I got. No worries though, it is definitely worth the cover price.

No comments:

Post a Comment