Saturday, September 8, 2012

Weekly pulls 09/05 AND Episode 4 of The Panel Scanners!

It is that time of the week again where I tell you what comics I grabbed this week and what is on my mind as a crazy comic reader. I had a pretty decent group of comics fall into my possession this week including a comic I was having a hard time getting my hands on.

Before I get to my actual pulls for the week I want to mention a rather large undertaking that I have decided would be fun for me as well as my readers. In response to Spider-Man finally becoming fifty and with my complete love for the webslinger, I have decided to read EVERY issue of Amazing Spider-Man starting with issue #1 and going all the way to issue #681 which is where "Ends of the Earth" begin and where I started collecting again. I will try to write a blog at least once a week to have a general update as to how my reading is going, how the comics actually are, if they have stood up to the test of time and if I hate myself for making this decision yet. I think it could be a lot of fun to write, to read, and to hear my readers' opinions as well.

On another note; Jonny Capps, Darren and myself have recorded episode four of The Panel Scanners which you can listen to here . I want to note that we decided to film in a different venue, The Nervous Dog Coffee Bar in Stow, Ohio so the sound quality wavers a little at the beginning and you may hear some weird noises throughout. It isn't overly distracting and we actually enjoyed filming there due to the wonderful coffee. We may continue to shoot there and have found a good way to cut back on sound. Let me know, as my listeners, if it still sounds alright!

Now, onto my normal blab that I do weekly. These are the comics that I acquired this week:

The Amazing Spider-Man #693 (The continuation of the Alpha story)
Avengers Academy #36 (Part 3 of 4 of "Final Exam")
Hawkeye #2 (The second issue of an amazing series...)
Secret Avengers #30 (Two weeks late but the fight between Venom and Taskmaster)
Ultimate Spider-Man #14 (After my read of the whole series...Miles Morales and Captain America!)
Venom #24 (Monsters of Evil Part 2)

Six comics with six reviews to follow as soon as I get the time to write them. While you wait, why not give The Panel Scanners Episode 4 (shameless plug) a listen? Until next time my readers, enjoy your comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment