Thursday, October 3, 2013

All-New X-Men #17

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler: Stuart Immonen
Inker: Wade von Grawbadger
Colorist: Marte Gracia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 2nd, 2013

"Battle of the Atom, Chapter 6"

Battle of the Atom is starting to become intriguing but I am still not certain where it is all going. This issue starts by giving us a taste of the future by showing the first mutant president. The events surrounding the quick demise of the first president gives a hint as to what the "evil future X-Men" are up to. Granted, I am still not certain what it has to do with the past X-Men but I am sure it will be cleared up shortly.

I think one of the cool things about this issue was the interactions between the "real future X-Men" and Magik's group. It was nice to see Colossus and his sister get along and really weird to see a future Jubilee seem to be the leader of the X-Men. Regardless of all of that, the book is still dealing with a bunch of relatively convoluted time travel that is bound to make things more jumbled up for readers in the future.

I am definitely into this series and want to see where it goes but there are still so many questions left unanswered. I am also hoping that after this, Marvel starts to slow down a bit with the time travel aspect to their stories. It is a difficult line to tread because it is insanely easy to start making things make no sense at all. I still stand by my question of what is going to happen to present day Iceman, Beast and Cyclops if the past versions stick around too long. Will they start to age at double speed? I guess that is the least of my worries for now. I look forward to next week so I can see what happens in Chapter 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment