Friday, October 18, 2013

Uncanny X-Men #13

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Penciler: Chris Bachalo
Inkers: Tim Townsend, Al Vey, Mark Irwin, Jaime Mendoza and Victor Olazaba
Colorist: Marte Gracia
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 16th, 2013

"Battle of the Atom, Chapter 8"

It seems that the time for conversation is over and the time for fighting has finally begun. Bendis has been setting up this fight for the past three issues and it seems to be finally coming to head. The "bad" future X-Men have captured the four original X-Men at this point and try their best to send them into the past. The thing is, time has warped around them and the time machine that they have is not allowing them to transition back to their own timeline. This is obviously an issue and is causing great grief for this X-Team.

While that is happening the "good" future X-Men and the current day X-Men are gathering outside of the school and are preparing to enter to save the kids. They want to allow the students to make their own choices and are not aware that they can not be sent back into the past. A few of the "bad" X-Men are outside also, trying to stop the team but are not being super successful yet.

I am really starting to enjoy this arc but I do have a couple griefs. One, I don't quite understand why the "bad" X-Men are being considered villains. I know they aren't exactly doing the right thing but I feel like they are more misunderstood than anything. I really do feel like they think they are doing what is best for their race and their future. I also wish there was a little more light shed onto the future world instead of just the scattering visions of Dazzler as the shortest lived president ever.

Regardless, I see why this event is here to mark the passing of 50 years of X-Men. It is covering the past, present and potential future of the mutants that we have grown to love and hate. I am excited for what is sure to be an explosive conclusion. My only remaining question is, what about Nightcrawler? I thought he was going to appear during this but it now seems like it may be delayed until Amazing X-Men. I suppose only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment