Thursday, October 10, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #12

Writer: Sam Humphries
Artist: Adrian Alphona
Color Artists: Chris Sotomayor with Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 9th, 2013

Well for now, I am still clinging onto this series. I am still waiting for that moment that I am totally blown away and can't go without the book but I am not seeing it. The thing that the book is doing well is that it feels different. It is a bit darker and offset than the other X-titles right now and also seem to kind of just be its own thing. That isn't a bad thing but it could become that if they try to connect down the line.

This issue dealt predominately with Spiral and what has been happening since Ginny went missing. Her hunt is interesting because it is one of those rare moments you get to see inside her mind. My issue is, as it has been with all of the characters in the series, that Spiral feels really uneven. I can't tell what she is thinking exactly and how she is going to handle anything. Her voice isn't consistent and could be almost any generic character. I have mentioned this before with Psylocke in this book. Speaking of Psylocke, one of her few lines in this issue felt out of place to all of the cursing (that is oddly blackboxed out) that she has been spewing in previous issues.

We do learn by the end of the issue who exactly is controlling Ginny and why this time frame seemed perfect for the Revenants to take over. Would you be surprised if I told you it had something to do with the lack of an alive Professor Xavier and that the Revenants are strangely controlled by his evil sister? No? Then you are as weird as this book. I really do hope it goes somewhere because I'd hate to drop another X-title (I did drop Cable and X-Force) but I am having issues putting myself into this. I said before I'd wait till the end of this arc, and I feel that the time is approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment