Friday, October 18, 2013

Weekly pulls for 10/16/13

I first would like to say that episode 15 of The Panel Scanners is live and you should definitely give it a listen. There I give a pretty heartfelt expression of what it meant to me to read over 700 issues of Amazing Spider-Man. The main thing to take away is if you love a character, doing something like that will either make them more important to you or make you insanely tired of them. Luckily for me, my love was further deepened.

Onto other things. Marvel discussed a bit more of their wave 2 of Marvel NOW! while at NYCC. It seems that a lot of the books are made to be reactions to the events of Infinity, as wave 1 was a reaction to AvX. As of right now there is a plethora of new titles starting up in 2014 and I am sure this is only the beginning. I was a little shocked to see that Thunderbolts is going to continue with Ghost Rider on the team, but who knows how long that will last. Here is the complete (as of now) list of Marvel NOW! wave 2 books:

All-New Ghost Rider (March 2014)
All-New Invaders (January 2014)
All-New X-Factor (January 2014) - Takes place right after X-Factor #260
Avengers Undercover (March 2014)
Avengers World (January 2014)
Black Widow (January 2014)
Captain Marvel (March 2014) - Takes place after the current series completes.
Elektra (March 2014)
Inhuman (January 2014) - Proves that King Black Bolt wasn't killed by Thanos.
Iron Patriot (March 2014)
Loki: Agent of Asgard (February 2014)
New Warriors (February 2014)
The Punisher (February 2014)
Secret Avengers (March 2014) - Takes place after current series, adds Spider-Woman.
She-Hulk (February 2014)
Silver Surfer (March 2014)

So, as you can see, that is a lot of new titles for the new run. There are a couple things in there that interest me but I will have to re-evaluate my pull-list closer to release dates and after further knowledge of what is coming and what is cancelled. Anyhow, on to my books for the week:

Guardians of the Galaxy #7
Hawkeye #13
Indestructible Hulk Special #1
Six-Gun Gorilla #5
Superior Spider-Man #19
Uncanny X-Men #13
X-Men Legacy #18

Hefty pull after two pretty light weeks. I knew it was coming and I know next week is going to be another large week. Anyhow, reviews should follow shortly after this posts! Until then, happy reading comic book fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment