Thursday, October 10, 2013

Weekly pulls for 10/09/13

Well I got a kick in the pants this week. I went into my local comic shop excited to grab my copy of Six-Gun Gorilla #5 and I learn that it is getting shipped a week later. I also learned that when I updated my pull list I forgot to add a few titles to it and almost missed out on the new issue of X-Men. I really need to be more careful with that. It is one thing when I miss a book by someone else's mistake; but when it is my own, I can't stop kicking myself for it. Regardless, I didn't miss anything and I walked out of my shop with three instead of the four books I thought I was going to.

With my new books in hand and singular issues from all of the titles from the past month, I made my way over to Darren's to record episode 15 of The Panel Scanners. First, I have to admit that it is insane that we have done so many episodes. It has been a blast and has truly helped reform my love of comics. Second, last night's episode was special for me. I was able to discuss, although a bit more brief than I could have made it, my retro read of Amazing Spider-Man. Considering the read itself took over a year, there was no surprise that I sounded pretty passionate about it and the guys told me after the fact that it was some of the better dialogue I have spouted. So, if you get the chance and it is posted, shoot over to our website and give episode 15 a listen.

Well that is about all for this week. As I said before, I only ended up with three titles this week:

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #4
Uncanny X-Force #12
X-Men #6

So with that, remember to give the podcast a listen. I am very proud of it and I think we just keep getting better. Also, be sure to keep an eye out for the reviews that follow. Until then, happy reading comic book fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment