Friday, October 25, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #5

Writer: Christopher Yost
Penciler: Marco Checchetto
Inker: Marco Checchetto
Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg
Letterer: Joe Caramagna
Price: $3.99
Release Date: October 23rd, 2013

"The Superior Six"

Yost has been slowly building toward this issue for a long while. I can't remember exactly when, but back in Avenging Spider-Man Spider-Man started to collect the old members to his Sinister Six. It was unclear as to what exactly he had planned but it definitely kept me hooked to this book. It was actually painful when Yost was off of the book for the past two issues with the Infinity tie-in.

Well, it seems that Spidey was collecting his old team so that he could control them the same way he does his spider-bots. He decides to take a test run to go after the Wrecking Crew and it proves that his plan was not quite ready. His control can be lost and if it happens, his old team will probably smash his face in. This "Superior Six" is bound to be a problem and introduced more and more in the future.

I did also find it interesting to see Miguel O'Hara in the Alchemax building during this issue. It gives me hope that we will see more of 2099 and that this book will continue to tie into the main story. I am really finding myself to enjoy Yost's work in this book and am surprised her is basically pushed off to a companion book. I feel like if I see his name on something in the future I may just have to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment