Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekly pulls for 10/23/13

I was a little nervous that I would have to delay my pulls this week due to an incredibly late work function that got me to my comic shop after closing time (7). Luckily, I called my comic guy and asked if he wouldn't mind staying open a few extra minutes to let me grab my books and he obliged. So, in a relatively exhausted haze, I grabbed my seven books and was on my way.

It was a little sad for me when I looked at my books. Venom #42 was in my hands which meant the series is now over and I also told my comic guy to no longer pull Uncanny X-Force for me. I have given up on Hopeless, I just can't connect with his uneven writing. I also made the choice because there are so many things out there to read and I want to start expanding my horizons a little more. I have to start allowing myself to stop picking up books that I am not really enjoying. I think one of my fatal flaws as a comic reader is that I always hope for the best and am too willing to wait for it to happen. That was the case with Cable and X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and Gambit. So, from here on out I think I am going to try to implement a rule of three. If there are three issues of a book, in a row, that I am just not feeling, I shall drop the title. I need to stand strong by this or my pull list will continue to get out of hand.

Anyhow, there were seven books this week:

Sex Criminals #2
Superior Carnage #4
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #5
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #28
Uncanny Avengers #13
Venom #42
Wolverine and the X-Men #37

I do want to note that my rule of three is going to start after Superior Carnage. See the review as to why...Reviews will follow soon after this. Until then, happy reading comic book fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment