Friday, May 24, 2013

A + X #8

"Spider-Woman + Kitty Pryde [& Lockheed]"
Writer: Gerry Duggan
Penciler: Salvador Larroca
Colorist: David Ocampo
Letterer: Clayton Cowles

"Hawkeye + Deadpool"
Writer: Christopher Hastings
Artist: Reilly Brown
Colorist: Brad Armstrong
Letterer: Clayton Cowles
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 22nd, 2013 

Well it seems to be official that I was duped and that this is an ongoing book. That said, I will keep collecting it until I get another complete stinker of an issue then I will drop it like a call in the subway. I think that was a poor analogy but what can you do?

The first half of this book focused on Spider-Woman and Kitty Pryde trying to stop Hydra, A.I.M. and The Absorbing Man from getting their hands on a meteorite. There were many silly moments in the tale but Kitty does something truly badass to The Absorbing Man that I wasn't certain that she could even do and Spider-Woman just kicked her normal level of ass. There were a few jokes dealing with Lockheed and the ladies but nothing life shattering. Regardless, this first part was a fun read.

The second half was also interesting being a mix of two jokers, Hawkeye and Deadpool. The two heroes were doing the normal save some guy and then save the world sort of adventure. The main focus of the issue seemed to be the banter between the two guys which was incredibly amusing. I especially enjoyed Deadpool's attempt to give Clint a nickname, all of which didn't stick because they were all overused.

As always, this title wasn't anything too spectacular but it was full of two stories that were pretty fun to read. It is a battle to decide if I would rather retire this book for something else (I have been starting to eyeball some DC) or keep my $3.99 a month here. I will make my call soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment