Sunday, May 12, 2013

Uncanny X-Force #4

Writer: Sam Humphries
Penciler: Ron Garney
Inker: Scott Hanna
Mindscape Pages: Adrian Alphona & Christina Strain
Colorists: Marte Gracia with Israel Gonzalez
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 08th, 2013

"Street Fighting Man"

I am starting to really get into this title. It is starting to get the X-Force feel that I loved about Remender's run on the title. The battle between Psylocke and whatever was in Bishop's head was wonderfully illustrated by Alphona and Strain showing how unbalanced and violent his mind is. I am actually excited to see how Bishop actually acts now that the...err...let's call it Owl is now gone from his head.

I am intrigued as to why this Ginny girl is so important. I know that she can manipulate people but is that the main reason that the Owl is so interested in her or is there something more? Regardless, it seems that Ginny will become quite the problem for the team now that she is possessed as Bishop was. Also, I feel really bad for Spiral considering how much she seems to care for Ginny and that she is now going to have to do something about her.

On the other story arc, I am enjoying the little specs with the three Fantomaxes. I am glad that they didn't just instantly show up on Psylocke's doorstep able to help her through her problems. I think it is adding to the forming of this team and I am actually hoping that the two good Fantomaxes, Spiral and Bishop are now also team members because if they are the team should have a lot of personality to work with.

This was the first issue of this run that I have actually been insanely excited for the next issue. I am intrigued as to where Humphries is taking this and hope that it continues to get better as it has the past few issues. I am now officially stuck on this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment