Friday, May 24, 2013

Uncanny Avengers #8 AU

Writers: Rick Remender & Gerry Duggan
Artist: Adam Kubert
Color Artist: Frank Martin
Letterer: Cory Petit
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 22nd, 2013

This is the first AoU book that has felt slightly relevant to me. I am not saying it is relevant really to the AoU story...it really isn't. I just feel that it is relevant to show the growth of the Apocalypse twins that we are dealing with in the main Uncanny Avengers book.

I like that because Remender knows he is using a time traveling, timeline jumping antagonist, he is able to bring the same characters we are reading in the main book into the timeline that we are dealing with in this AoU event. The dark and painful challenges that the Apocalypse twins deal with in this book are surprising. It is really sad to see what happens to Alex Summers as well as Rogue.

The thing that I enjoyed about this book is that I am starting to see the why behind the Apocalypse twins and I am starting to see more and more of what exactly Kang the Conqueror is up to. More than piquing my interest in AoU, this gave me a renewed hope for the Uncanny Avengers title which I was starting to get a little turned off of. So far, this is one of my picks for the tie-ins of AoU, even if it is for the wrong reasons.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, i agree with you, this was a great story. Nor for the reason of being a "tie in" to AuO, because it didn't really get me more interessted in this "new reality" - but it flashed out the Twins and thats the best Remender could have done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I really want to know more about the twins and I think that this story helped it out. Is it sad that at this point I just want AoU to finish so that we can just have closure?

      Delete