Friday, May 3, 2013

Age of Ultron #7

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Present:
Artist: Brandon Peterson
Color Artist: Paul Mounts
Past:
Penciler: Carlos Pachelo
Inker: Roger Martinez
Color Artist: Jose Villarrubia
Letterer: Cory Petit
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 1st, 2013

I am officially torn as to how I feel about this book. I was excited to see the direction it was heading but now I am not so certain. I knew that there would be repercussions for the death of Hank Pym but I didn't know exactly what to expect. I definitely wasn't thinking about how majorly the future would change without Hank surviving long enough to make many of his creations. I am convinced that Sue and Logan will go back in the past and stop themselves from making the choice that they did (even my analysis feels a tad convoluted...).

I also assume that the future group is no longer a thing because the timeline is all messed up but I really wanted to see how that played out. Maybe everyone died, maybe somehow they survived and MAYBE we will even get to see it. I am still lost as to how this thing is going to come to a conclusion that would make sense so that the rest of the Marvel Universe continues to make sense.

As of right now, I am too far in to give up on the event and to be fair I am not hating it. I just don't KNOW yet. Perhaps what will end up making this event good will be the fact that there are so many questions to be asked during the run. Only time will tell. We are in the final two months of this bad boy, let's keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment