Friday, May 17, 2013

Cable and X-Force #8

Writer: Dennis Hopeless
Artist: Salvador Larroca
Color Artist: Frank D'Armata
Letterer: Joe Sabino
Publisher: Marvel Comics (Dan Buckley)
Price: $3.99
Release Date: May 15th, 2013

My faith is slowly beginning to get restored in Hopeless' work in this title. I am finding that I am starting to really like the characters that are in this team because I am getting a chance to see each one do their own thing. This issue allowed for me to see a bit more of Domino in action and I have to say that she is a badass. I used to always feel that the mutant power of being lucky was pretty dumb but it seems to hold a lot of weight in a team that really does need luck.

I am also really happy to see Colossus back with the team. Seeing him on the solicits when this title was launched was one of the main reasons I was excited to get it. I was nervous that they were just going to keep him in jail while the rest of the team got to have all of the fun, I am glad that isn't the case. I am also interested to see if there is going to be an actual relationship between he and Domino or if it was just a fleeting moment early in the series.

I am excited to see where Hopeless is taking this team and with a promised interaction with the Uncanny Avengers in coming issues it should be fun to see. This book is really giving me a chance ot get to know a group of mutants that I left back in the 90's, it seems like it would have been a waste to leave them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment